So, the method in the code behind page would look like something like this: However, decrypting the data using a templatefield tag posed another problem, extracting new values from the ‘Text Box1’ control.This will be solved when calling the Item Updating event.
On top of that, the table being updated had over 50 columns, so typing in 50 lines just to initialize the parameters was required, but I decided to do something else instead.
For example ‘@Parameter’, will be sent in the update to the record instead of null.
To solve this, you would need to automatically detect whether a value is null and then add it to the Update Parameters list.
Ok, Now I'm sure this was working the other day and I don't think I've changed anything but now it's not working and I can't see anything wrong with the code.
Basically I have a details view with product information in it, when the user clicks edit it goes into edit mode when I change any of the fields and click update it updates but with the old values.